Sunday, September 30, 2012

My Chocolate Labrador Retrievers and Their Puppies


We live in Jarvisburg, N.C., 8 miles north of the Outer Banks of North Carolina. My labs (Ana, Bear, Brandy, Carolina, Duke, Mia, Midnight and Sunshine) enjoy the best of two worlds-Quiet country living in Currituck County and daily sunrise runs on the beautiful beaches of the Outer Banks of North Carolina.
As a labrador breeder my goal is to produce a sound labrador retriever that has the beauty which defines the breed while capturing the temperament and trainability that makes the labrador a versatile breed. It is important to me that my dogs and puppies will be good working citizens (seeing eye, narcotics, search and rescue, hunting, field trial, show etc.) as well as great pets and companions.
Chocolate Labrador Retrievers have been a part of my life since 1984,when a friend ask me if I would accept responsibility for a six month old chocolate lab whose owner was moving. It was love at first site for both of us. Jake and I were best friends and running partners for fourteen years. In 1998 when Jake passed away, I was devastated and swore I would never own another dog.
In the fall of 2002, Jake came to me in a dream and ask me what I had against chocolate labs and why I didn't have another dog. The next day I drove to Norfolk,Virginia and fell in love with Bear. Three months later I drove to Va.Beach, Virginia and fell in love with Ana. And as they say-the rest is history!
Midnight was born in Ana and Bear's first litter on December 3rd,2003. Carolina, along with Luke, was born in Ana and Bear's second litter on June 15th,2004. Duke was purchased from a national field champion bloodline from Windsor, North Carolina on January 15th,2005. Brandy and Sunshine were purchased on July 28th,2006. Mia, younger sister of Brandy and Sunshine, was purchased the day she was born, January 19th, 2007 .Between Brandy, Mia, and Sunshine's mother and father there are forty eight national field champions in their bloodlines.

No comments:

Post a Comment